Monday, June 15, 2009

Their Innocent!

If I struggle to do something properly would you help me, or would you belittle and critique me while harboring a pompous attitude?

If I were willing to conquer Mt. Fuji to learn the knowledge you held, would you assist me to reach the summit or greet me with mal-intent at the bottom on the other side of the mountain?

What if I told you that you were the sunshine that lit up my day? Would you help nourish me with your warmth, or attempt to scorch me with heated words and deeds until I withered and died inside?

If you knew how much you mean to me and the reason I feel the way I feel about you, would you hold me and tell me the same or would you abuse my vulnerable, fragile mind state and frame?

What if I loved you so deeply yet couldn’t express my love in a way that was intelligible to you? Would you still allow me to continue to express myself, or would you stifle my attempts with anger?


Most children feel this way, however at different stages of their lives they are at times unable to communicate to us adults in an effective manner. As children grow their ability to express themselves develops in most cases, often times to the point where they are able to articulate to you (the parent, grandparent, guardian, family member, care giver) how much they care for you. Please do not abuse them, take advantage of, or misguide them. Their innocence is one of the greatest gifts given to us by God, for through them we can truly see how to be honest and open. We can also see how we can be forgiving and trusting. Have you ever known of a small child to hold a grudge? If so please tell me so I can slap the mess out that bay-bays kid who don’t know the difference between their thumb or toe, running around in the house smelling like they just robbed a manure farm, all in their diapers needing a change smelling like they just came straight out a camel, crying all the dag on time, whining cause they can’t eat right away, biting you on purpose, unintentionally, but still biting you, getting out of their bed when they are supposed to be lying down sleeping, sneaking off in the corner to do numbers 1 and 2 which don’t equal up to 3 but will still leave you very perplexed, always gotta be dressed and buckled in cause their little uncoordinated fingers and hands be jabbing themselves in their mouths and eyes, needing a pacifier knowing that they don’t need a pacifier, always tryna rock the latest in gear, having you buy clothing for them months in advance, constantly needing you to spend money on them spoiled little things, get a job, I had to work 12 jobs when I was their age, they don't make them like they used to, always needing you to wipe their noses, mouth and other parts cause they are too lazy and uncoordinated to do it themselves, always wanting to be entertained and fed, always eating, will eat you out of house and home, hogging the spot light at family events as if they have no siblings and even if they don’t they still shouldn’t be trying to always hog the spot light, shoot…. Yall see what I’m saying. Be loving to the kids. And especially the older ones, cause they will call the Police on you.

© 2009 J. Reed

1 comment: